Sunday, October 19, 2008

More thoughts on cocoa!

I have to be honest - this is turning out to be a very difficult decision. Yesterday I felt smug and idealistic and today I realize what a big statement this is. I am a confirmed sugar and chocolate lover, so think of the implications. If I eat nothing except fair trade, then I pretty much pass on everything out there that is available at parties, potlucks, etc. Tough choice.

Today I was at our church luncheon and I ate a Costco chocolate cupcake. First of all - yuck. Second of all, I felt guilty afterward and realized that I can't just say I will only *buy* fair trade chocolate. If I am going to do this, then I really want to do it across the board. It could be a great conversation opener if done right. It also means that I will miss out on lots of yummy chocolate desserts. Everytime I turn down chocolate that isn't fair trade, I will remember why I am doing it and look for something of a different flavor. Life is tough isn't it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello.

just came across your blog - and it made me smile. thank you.

i have a quick question. where do you get the cardboard cupcake separators that i can see in some photos?

i am making 3 dozen cupcakes for a homeless shelter - and was trying to figure out the best way to pack them up.

many thanks.
christine

Jaelyn said...

Hi Christine-

Thanks for stopping by!

I bought the boxes (in bulk) off of the internet. If you are local, and can pick them up, I am happy to donate boxes :)

Otherwise, you can pick up a regular bakery box at Michael's or a bakery supply store and just carry them carefully.

Good luck!